How Much Does Weekly House Cleaning Cost?
Discover how Janitorial Service Bids can help you with your cleaning services. Get in touch today and request a quote!
A clean and tidy home is a haven where you can relax, unwind, and spend quality time with your loved ones. However, keeping your living space spick and span can be time-consuming and challenging, especially with the demands of daily life. This is where professional house cleaning services come in handy. But how much does weekly house cleaning cost?
Here are the factors that influence the cost, what you can expect from a weekly cleaning service, and tips for choosing the right cleaning company for your needs.
Factors Influencing Weekly House Cleaning Cost
Size of Your Home
The size of your home is one of the main factors that will determine the cost of weekly house cleaning. Generally, the larger your home, the more time and effort it takes to clean, resulting in higher costs. Here’s a general breakdown:
- Studio/1-bedroom apartment: $50-$90 per week
- 2-bedroom apartment: $75-$130 per week
- 3-bedroom house: $130-$180 per week
- 4-bedroom house: $150-$200 per week
- 5+ bedroom house: $188-$250+ per week
Please note that these prices are approximate and can vary depending on other factors discussed below.
Your geographic location plays a significant role in determining the cost of weekly house cleaning. In areas with a higher cost of living, such as major cities or affluent neighborhoods, you can expect to pay more for cleaning services. On the other hand, in smaller towns and rural areas, the cost of house cleaning may be lower.
Scope of Services
The cost of weekly house cleaning can also vary depending on the scope of services you require. Basic cleaning services typically include dusting, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning bathrooms and kitchens, and emptying trash. If you need additional services like deep cleaning, laundry, window washing, or carpet cleaning, the cost will be higher. It’s essential to discuss your specific needs with the cleaning company to get an accurate quote.
Experience and Reputation of the Cleaning Company
The experience and reputation of the cleaning company you choose can also impact the cost. Companies with a strong reputation and skilled staff may charge a premium for their services, while newer or less reputable companies might offer lower rates. It’s crucial to balance cost with quality to ensure you’re getting the best value for your money.
What to Expect From Weekly House Cleaning Services
When you hire a professional cleaning service for weekly house cleaning, you can generally expect the following:
- A customized cleaning plan tailored to your home’s specific needs and your preferences
- A consistent team of trained and background-checked cleaning professionals
- High-quality cleaning products and equipment
- Flexible scheduling options
- A satisfaction guarantee or the option to address any issues or concerns
Choosing the Right House Cleaning Company
When selecting a house cleaning company for weekly house cleaning, consider the following tips:
- Ask for recommendations from friends, family, or online reviews to find reputable companies in your area.
- Request quotes from multiple companies to compare prices and services.
- Inquire about the company’s hiring and training process to ensure you’re getting skilled, trustworthy professionals.
- Discuss your specific needs and preferences to create a customized cleaning plan.
- Review the company’s satisfaction guarantee or complaint resolution process in case of any issues.
The cost of weekly house cleaning depends on various factors, including the size of your home, location, scope of services, and the cleaning company’s experience and reputation. By understanding these factors and researching local cleaning companies, you can find a reliable, affordable weekly house cleaning service that meets your needs and keeps your home in pristine condition.
Weekly House Cleaning Price Table
|House Size – Square Feet
|National Average Cost
|0–1,000 sq. ft
|1,001–2,000 sq. ft
|2,001–4,000 sq. ft
What Services Are Covered in House Cleaning?
Weekly house cleaning services cover a whole range of different types of house cleaning. In their most basic packages, cleaning services will:
- Dusting of surfaces, including furniture, baseboards, and fixtures
- Vacuuming and/or sweeping of floors and carpets
- Mopping or steam cleaning of hard floors
- Cleaning and disinfecting of bathrooms, including toilets, sinks, showers, and tubs
- Cleaning and disinfecting of kitchen surfaces, including counters, sinks, stovetops, and appliances
- Wiping down of mirrors and windows
- Changing of bed linens and making beds
- Cleaning of interior windows and blinds
- Dusting of ceiling fans and light fixtures
- Cleaning of interior/exterior of appliances like refrigerator, oven, and dishwasher
- Trash removal and recycling
It’s important to note that the specific services offered may vary depending on the cleaning company or individual, as well as the needs and preferences of the homeowner.
What Affects the Cost of Weekly House Cleaning Services?
The cost of weekly house cleaning services can be affected by several factors. Here are some of the key factors that can influence the price:
- Size of the home: The larger the home, the more time and effort it will take to clean, and therefore, the higher the cost.
- Frequency of cleaning: If you need your home cleaned more frequently than once a week, the cost may be higher due to the increased time and effort required.
- Type of cleaning required: If your home requires deep cleaning or has a lot of clutter or dirt build-up, the cost may be higher than for a standard cleaning.
- Location: Cleaning services may charge more for homes located in areas with a higher cost of living or for homes that are difficult to access.
- Number of people living in the home: If there are more people living in the home, there may be more mess and clutter to clean, which can increase the cost.
- Pets: If you have pets, there may be more pet hair, dander, and odors to clean, which can increase the cost.
- Additional services: If you require additional services such as laundry or dishes to be done, this can increase the cost.
It’s important to note that the cost of weekly house cleaning services can vary widely depending on these factors, as well as the specific cleaning company or individual hired.
How Do House Companies Bill House Cleaning Rates?
House cleaning companies may bill house cleaning rates in different ways, depending on their specific policies and practices. Here are some common methods of billing:
- Hourly rate: Many cleaning companies charge an hourly rate for their services, based on the amount of time it takes to clean your home. The rate may vary depending on factors such as the size of your home, the level of cleaning required, and the location.
- Flat rate: Some cleaning companies may offer a flat rate for their services, which is a fixed fee for cleaning your home. This may be based on factors such as the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, the square footage of your home, and the level of cleaning required.
- Per-room rate: Some cleaning companies may charge a rate per room, which is based on the number and size of the rooms in your home. This method may be more suitable for smaller homes with fewer rooms.
- Customized pricing: Some cleaning companies may offer customized pricing based on your specific needs and preferences. They may ask you to provide details about your home and the type of cleaning you require, and then provide a personalized quote based on that information.
It’s important to note that the specific billing method used may vary depending on the cleaning company or individual hired. It’s also important to clarify how the cleaning company bills for their services before hiring them, to ensure that you understand the pricing structure and can budget accordingly.
Weekly House Cleaning Prices Per Square Foot
As we’ve already mentioned, larger homes will be more expensive to clean. House cleaning prices per square foot tend to be:
- Cost Between $0.11 and $0.17 per square foot for regular cleaning
- Cost Between $0.13 and $0.21 per square foot for deep cleaning
- Cost Between $0.23 and $0.33 per square foot for a move-out cleaning
If you aren’t sure about the square foot size of your property then you can also use price per room rates to estimate the cost of cleaning your home.
Bathrooms, in particular, require more cleaning so if you have a lot of these your cleaning will be more expensive.
Ready to find residential cleaning services for your home? Then start comparing quotes today to find the best possible company for you!