3 Tiers of Cleaning Janitorial Services Can Provide
There are three tiers of cleaning that janitorial services can provide. These three types of cleaning are general cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting.
- General cleaning is the most common type of cleaning service and typically includes tasks such as sweeping, mopping, and dusting.
- Sanitizing is a specialized type of cleaning that aims to kill all germs and bacteria.
- Disinfecting is an even more specialized type of cleaning that is designed to kill any dangerous viruses and bacteria.
All three types of janitorial services can be used to keep a building or other area clean and safe for all occupants. By using the right combination of these different approaches, an effective cleaning program can be implemented that will protect everyone in your building from harmful germs and bacteria.
What Does Each Tier of Cleaning Involve?
It is common for the janitorial service you have hired to use their discretion to decide whether general cleaning, sanitizing, or disinfecting needs to occur. However, understanding the difference between each tier of cleaning can help you decide which type is best for your needs.
- General cleaning typically involves tasks such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming carpets, dusting surfaces, and cleaning windows.
- General cleaning is typically done weekly with the goal of keeping a facility looking its best. When this type of cleaning is done regularly, it can help extend the life of your floors and furnishings.
- Sanitizing involves using an EPA-approved solution to kill germs and bacteria on hard surfaces such as countertops and doorknobs.
- It also involves wiping down surfaces with a cloth to remove any dirt and debris.
- This type of cleaning is often done daily or weekly, depending on the needs of your facility.
- Disinfecting involves using an EPA-approved solution to kill viruses, bacteria, and other dangerous pathogens on hard surfaces such as countertops and doorknobs.
- Disinfecting may be done weekly in common areas by employees, or monthly in all areas of the office by a janitorial service depending on the needs of your facility.
- In addition to using a solution to kill germs, surfaces need to be wiped down with a cloth to remove any dirt and debris.
- This type of cleaning is often used in medical facilities and other areas where the risk of spreading disease is high.
By using a combination of general cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting services, you can ensure that your facility is kept clean and safe for everyone who visits. It is also important to remember that janitorial services should be tailored to the individual needs of each facility in order to provide the best possible outcome.
What is the Cost of Each Tier of Cleaning?
The cost of hiring a janitorial service for cleaning, sanitizing, or disinfecting depends on the needs of your facility. Typically, general cleaning is the least expensive, while disinfecting can be the most expensive. It is important to work with a janitorial service to create a custom plan that fits the specific needs of your building.
- On average, janitorial services typically cost $20-$35 per hour. However, the exact cost will depend on the size of your facility and the type of service you require.
- You can expect a slight increase of around 10% for sanitizing services and up to 30% for disinfecting services.
- It is also important to consider any additional costs such as supplies or equipment that may be needed for a successful cleaning program.
It is important to note that janitorial services should be completed regularly in order to keep your facility safe and clean. If you don’t have the time or resources to do so on your own, it is worth investing in a professional cleaning service to ensure that your facility is properly maintained.
By taking the time to understand the different types of janitorial services available, you can make an informed decision on which type best meets the needs of your facility. Whether you choose general cleaning, sanitizing, or disinfecting, a professional cleaning team can help keep your building clean and safe for everyone who visits.
How to Choose the Right Janitorial Services For Your Needs
- When looking for a janitorial service, it is important to consider the size of your facility and the type of cleaning you will need.
- It is also important to research different companies in order to make sure they have experience with the type of services you are looking for.
- Be sure to ask questions about their cleaning methods, experience, and safety protocols.
- Finally, compare prices to find the best value for your money.
Taking the time to research different janitorial services can help you find the right service for your facility. The cost of janitorial services is an investment that can pay off in the long run, so it is important to make sure you are working with a company that can provide the best service for your needs.
What to Look For in Janitorial Services
When looking for a janitorial service, there are some important factors to consider:
- First, it is important to research the company’s experience and track record with similar facilities in order to ensure they have the right skills and experience for your needs.
- It is also important to make sure that the company follows safety protocols and has adequate insurance in place.
- If your office has a high risk of infectious disease, you may want to consider a company that offers specialized disinfecting services.
- Make sure to ask for references and look for customer reviews in order to get a better understanding of the quality of service offered by the janitorial service.
- Finally, it is important to review their prices and services to ensure that you are getting the best value for your money.
By taking the time to research different janitorial services, you can make sure that you are hiring a company that will provide reliable and high-quality service to your facility.